Why hire a nanny?
- Your mini can spend the day in a familiar environment not regulated by policies
- Your mini has one on one attention and records significant milestones
- Flexibility – the nanny comes to your home – no picking up or dropping off – more quality time with your mini
- Your mini may not get as sick as often if he/she was in shared care
- A nanny can help with grocery shopping and light household duties so you have quality time with the mini as many of “the chores” are done
- Come home to harmony knowing your house smells great and dinner is prepped and your minis have been fed, bathed and clothed
- Your mini builds a strong bond with one person and they may be able to help with looking after the child throughout holiday times and provide overnights
- Our nannies come highly recommended and if you require a high end nanny we can provide that!
- Bathing, preparing and cleaning up meals and packing snacks
- Laundry, wardrobe management and preparing school uniforms
- Rubbish and kitchen tidiness (dishwasher)
- Running light errands / grocery shopping
- Attending to your childrens emotional needs
- Maintaining the children’s rooms and play areas
- Keep a communications diary which notes behaviours patterns for parents.
- Washing and changing bed linen and towels and general bedroom tidiness
- Take your mini to their doctor appointment / parent teacher interviews
- Care for your minis at your home whilst you're away on holiday
- Co-ordination of fun and educational activities, swimming, going to the park and lots more!
What to expect working with us
SCREENING: Our agency meet the nanny face-to-face and check their identity, social media, references, documents, blue cards and qualifications.
MATCHING YOUR FAMILY: Once we are aware of your requirements and a family registration is completed we commence an online advertising campaign, psychometric profiling, phone-screen, interview, sight child care qualifications, validity and identity, reference checks and other verification checks.
GUIDANCE: We provide guidance throughout the interview process.
INTERVIEW: Upon a successful shortlist we will only represent to your family our top candidates and coordinate an interview between the nanny and your family in the comfort of your home. Very important to get the children involved let's face it, they are the ultimate decision makers!
EMPLOYMENT LETTERS: It’s useful to negotiate and agree on arrangements like salary, hours, fuel allowance and leave entitlements with your nanny and put this into an agreement. We provide you HR paperwork to ensure your equipped and employer ready!
ONGOING SUPPORT: We check back with both you and the nanny once employment has begun to ensure that both parties are happy.
RESOURCES: The team at mini provide you extra resources upon offer management stage to finalise your nanny’s employment to ensure a clear & thorough process is followed through.
Costs to hire a nanny
Our Placement Fees range from $55 to $2000 dependent on the nature of the role. Please call one of our consultants for more information or download our terms to view our agency fees.
If you choose to employ a nanny through mini Nanny Agency there is no registration fee! We only charge a one off recruitment placement fee and provide a four week guarantee. Once we have completed a comprehensive family registration and profiling for your new nanny, we simply ask for a 50% non-refundable deposit with balance paid at placement stage. You pay the balance of the Placement Fee upon offer management stage and we then release the nanny to you.
As an employer, you will be responsible for payment directly to the nanny and are responsible for their tax, super and insurance. See our Employer Obligations fact sheet for important and handy information.
It is also worth noting that if your nanny is registered as an approved child care worker, you may be eligible to claim the Child Care Benefit. Please note that mini do not arrange this for you, this is your responsibility to engage with Department of Human Services.
Please note: From 2 July 2018, Child Care Subsidy will replace Child Care Benefit. From this date, Dept of Human Services can no longer pay child care fee assistance for registered care.