Obligations as an employer include:
- As the employer it is your obligation to ensure your nanny has a valid Blue Card or support your Nanny's application.
- Salary and tax: You have to provide pay advice records and PAYG payment summaries and submit PAYG tax.
- Have an agreement in place between you and the Nanny that states working conditions.
- Refer to Fair Work https://www.fairwork.gov.au/ website to ensure your obligations are being met.
- Superannuation: Domestic workers who work more than 30 hours a week are entitled to super at the specified rate.
- Holiday leave and sick leave: There are minimum leave entitlements for full-time and part-time employees which vary from state to state.
- Insurance: It’s strongly recommended that you have insurance that covers domestic employees in the event of injury in the workplace (your home) or on their way to and from work.
- Family car: If the Nanny is going to drive the family car you will need to consider your insurance policy.